Help & FAQ
WHAT IS GOLD-FILLED?
Gold-filled is 5% gold alloy over a core metal (usually brass) vs gold plated which is only .05% gold alloy. Gold-filled jewelry has 100x more gold alloy than gold plated and because that layer is so much thicker, it means gold-filled jewelry lasts longer and stands up to wear and tear better than gold plated. If well cared for, gold-filled jewelry can last a lifetime.
Cleaning gold-filled jewelry: DO NOT use any abrasive or chemical cleaners or treated cloths. Use a soft cloth to wipe and if needed a mild soap, warm water and a soft toothbrush.
- As much as you love your jewelry, it should be the last thing you put on and the first thing you take off.
- Do not wear your jewelry while showering, bathing, swimming or sleeping.
- Lotions, perfumes and chemicals may damage the finish or create tarnish on your jewelry. Put jewelry on after any lotions or perfumes and remove jewelry when cleaning with detergents, solvents or other chemicals.
- Wipe your jewelry after each wear with a soft, lint free cloth.
- You may clean occasionally in a solution of warm water and mild soap. Rinse and dry well.
- Store each piece of jewelry separate from each other to prevent scratches and tangling. Store in a sealed bag or container to inhibit tarnish.
REPAIRS & CLEANING
We would be happy to clean and polish your jewelry any time, free of charge. If your jewelry breaks or any part comes loose, we will fix it! Repairs are free of charge within the first 3 months of purchase.
Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org we will let you know where to send it. You will be responsible for shipping costs.
PRODUCTION & SHIPPING TIMES
Every piece of Kate+b Jewelry is made to order. The times below are estimates of how long it will take to ship your order.
Personalized pieces ................................. 7-10 business days
USPS SHIPPING TIMES
*these times are estimates given to us by USPS and are not necessarily guaranteed
|US First Class||3-5 days*|
|US Priority||2-3 days*|
|US Priority Express||1-2 days*|
|International First Class||7-21 days*|
You are responsible for any customs and duty charges.